I think it is not the first time that I say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, which is why we must always try to have homemade bread ready and go varying the proposals. One last batch has been one of these oil muffins that are prepared in a quick and simple way and are so good that you hardly have to accompany them with anything.
So that they do not harden too much, what we do is to separate a few, split them in half and freeze them. So, when we have to use them, we just have to take them out in advance to thaw or put them directly in the toaster. They look just as good as freshly baked.
Ingredients for 12 muffins
- 220 g of water
- 25 g of fresh pressed yeast
- 70 g of extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g of flour
- 200 g of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of salt
How to Make Oil Muffins
Preparation with Thermomix
Put the water, yeast, and oil in the glass and heat for 30 seconds at 37 ° and speed 2. Add the flour, pastry flour and salt and knead 1 min in spike speed. We remove the mass from the glass and give it the shape of a ball.
Preparation without Thermomix
In a saucepan, heat the water and the olive oil. We dissolve yeast in it. We put in a large bowl the flour and the salt and we make a hollow in the middle in which we will pour the contents of the saucepan. Knead until you get an elastic mass that comes off the walls. We form a ball.
For Both Preparations
- Put the dough in a plastic bag and let it sit in the refrigerator for half an hour. We put a sheet of baking paper on a tray. Dump the dough onto the work surface sprinkled with flour, degass and cut 12 portions of about 60 g each. We give them a form of a ball or another form of their preference.
- We lightly flatten them with the hands until obtaining a circle of about 10 cm and place them on the oven tray that we have prepared. Preheat the oven to 200º and let rest the rolls another 30 minutes. Bake for 20 minutes. We remove them from the oven, we let them temper and we can serve them.
- These muffins are made in about an hour and a half. The preparation is easy as it does not require so many ingredients and here we give you the ways to prepare them with the machine or manually. Doing it manually can be better, but if you prefer not to spend as much energy in the preparation you can use the machine and they will also be delicious.
These oil muffins are delicious with any accompaniment, but especially with tomato slices and a good Iberian ham. They can do the test, we assure them that they will prepare them more than once, because they are very easy to knead and the times of flavored are quite short. This recipe are ideal for breakfast and thanks to that they can be stored, can make several and have during to eat for several days.